Monday, November 8, 2010

Observations

I walked into the classroom in silence
I arrived ten minutes late, and knew I would suffer the consequences
My car had broken down, leaving me to getting a ride from my parents
Nobody noticed as I snuck into the back seat of the classroom
My friend sat slouched over with her head cocked to one side staring at the board
It was apparent that she was not focusing
I could not see her eyes
But the fact that she was twirling a pencil and shifting her shoulders to the left told me she wasn't on the board
but rather staring out the window.
I shifted my gaze to my peer to the left of her
He was staring contently at the teacher
His gaze was unpeneterable
He found this subject fascinating
You could tell by the change of wrinkles on his forehead
that every word uttered by the teacher was processed and affected him hard
I listened to what the teacher was saying
While keeping my gaze fixed on him
The teacher was discussing the fact of relationships at teen ages
Every time the teacher uttered the word love, or relationship
I could see him cringe and sink lower into his seat
This then brought my gaze to his girlfriend across the room
She was sitting slouched over with her arms on the desk in front of her
She let her chin rest on her forearms
Her gaze focused on the wall in front of her
She was deep in thought as you could see her eyes twitter back and forth
The subject was hitting her hard also
And the thoughts weren't happy
They were troubling
I made a mental note to ask my friend about her in the next class
and then moved on
My friend shelby tapped me on the shoulder and asked where I was
I answered his question he patted me on the back and went back to doodling
his writing was light and quick
the circles and scribbles showed no consistency
and created no picture
He was simply content
He was having a great day and was very happy
I smiled knowing he always is content
not very often do I see him with a frown on his face
The bell rung loudly startling a few in the room
I gathered my belongings and made my way out the classroom door

No comments: